This is my most recent Resume. It is subject to change and will be changed probably many times.
William Michael King
5018 S. LaDonna Lane
Sierra Vista, AZ 85650
1. Part or fulltime position in which I can use my professional backround, communication skills and creativity in helping others learn.
2. Meet new people, interact with and assist others in meeting their goals.
1969 HS diploma from Saguaro High School, Scottsdale, AZ
1971 AA degree from Scottsdale Community College, Scottsdale, AZ
1973 BS in Quantitative Systems, ASU, Tempe, AZ
1977 JD College of Law, ASU, Tempe, AZ
2000-1 Additional course work in Information Sciences at the ASU School of Business
2014-15 Undergraduate courses at the ASU College of Engineering
2015-17 Undergraduate STEM and computer programming courses at Cochise College
4/25/2017 CompTIA Security+ certification valid through 4/2020.
1/23/18 Certification in teaching English as a foreign language from UNI-Prep Corporation
3/13/2018 Certificate of completing Effective Classroom Management (Harry and Rosemary Wong) http://classroommanagement.com/
4/4/2018 Completed an online course on Python Programming provided by the University of Texas Arlington, CSE1309x via Edx.
Currently working on additional IT certification through TestOut: http://www.testout.com/
Currently enrolled at Rio Salado College, Tempe, Arizona seeking a post baccalaureate education certificate to teach secondary mathematics http://www.riosalado.edu/programs/education/postbaccalaureate/Pages/default.aspx
Current coursework at Rio Salado includes SIOP (Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol). Here is a website I created for a hypothetical 8th grade math class in which many of the students are learning English as a second language, ELL’s. Arizona’s new academic standards, in accordance with federal law, require that all classes include language objectives as well as content objectives in order that ELL’s are not left behind.
1961-71 Employment in fields of food service, landscaping, automobile mechanic, sales and office administration, encyclopedia sales,
1972-73 Computer programmer for Monroe the Calculator Company
1973-78 Advertising Representative for Jack Daniel Distillery
1978-2011 Private law practice
2007-11 Owned and operated a tuxedo business
2012-13 Owned and operated a restaurant business
2016-present: Contract Tutor providing educational, career exploration and pre-employment transitional services to clients of ECSAZ pursuant to its contract with the Arizona Department of Economic Security; online tutoring for clients of WyzAnt in the areas of math, algebra, English, public speaking, computer science, C, C++, C#, Java and Matlab.
4/2017 – 7/2017: Substitute teacher at the Center for Academic Success Charter School in Sierra Vista, AZ
8/2017 – 3/2018: Full time teacher teaching music, math and career explorations at the Center for Academic Success, Sierra Vista, AZ.
At CAS, I:
- established a math intervention program for increasing math automaticity in 3-5 grade students. See following link for slideshow presentation which was presented to both faculty and students:
- worked with a local engineer in creating The Sixth Grade Challenge, a contest in which CAS 6th graders were challenged to explore and propose solutions to problems resulting from the accelerating pace of technology, artificial intelligence and robotics: https://thesixthgradechallenge.wordpress.com/
- created a 9th grade Shark Tank Competition which was judged by a panel of businessmen from the Sierra Vista community. See following links for slideshow presentations pertinent to this activity:
- conducted a field trip to the Sierra Vista Chamber of Commerce.
- established websites for the two classes which I taught, Music and Career Explorations, to assist both parents and students in keeping up to date with classwork 24/7 and bringing current events and discussions to their attention:
- researched and presented to both faculty and students current knowledge regarding adolescence and its effect upon students. See following slideshow presentation:
- arranged for friend and local multi-instrumentalist, Vivian Stoppel, to perform for the CAS summer school students at which time, she not only performed for the entire student body but, also, spent an additional three hours introducing students individually to playing various harps, ocarinas and recorders:
Able and willing to work hard without supervision
Extremely focused and dedicated to results
Capable of multi-tasking
Enjoy learning from and interacting with others
Curious about everything
Camping and motorcycling
Acoustic, Dobro and Variax Line 6 guitar, banjo, ukulele, harmonica, melodica and keyboards
Hiking, running and keeping physically fit
Reading and keeping up with world political and science news
Motor vehicle licenses for car and motorcycle
Certified for EMT, CPR and AED valid through 3/2020
Licensed as a foster parent for the State of Arizona
Member of Cochise County Search and Rescue
Member of Cochise Toastmasters 3198 of Toastmasters International
Certification as a food service manager (inactive)
Private pilot’s license (inactive)
Programming skills in C, C++, C#, Java, Python, MS Office, Excel,
Power Point, Google Slides, Matlab, Desmos, TI Inspire-CX, Website Development, WordPress blogs and use of Social Media such as Facebook for personal, educational and business purposes
For an example of programming in C++, see “Throw for Dough”, a game of chance using 5 dice rolls played in the manner of Five Card Draw with each participant getting a second roll of 1-5 die. https://photos.app.goo.gl/yjXQq7Q7PACOFrf92 later updated to Java and C#. The outcome of each role is determined by a random number generator with each outcome further modified by using a modulus.
For an additional example of a WordPress blog, see “A Brief History of Numbers and Counting Systems”: https://abriefhistoryofnumbers.wordpress.com/
Examples of Facebook Sites are described above.
Dropbox was used substantially in coursework at CAS to make all assignments available online to students and parents and to allow each parent to view their child’s work.
Level One Identity Verified Fingerprint Security Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety
Enjoy public speaking and have emceed many events and engaged in public radio advertising
In excellent health as per recent physical; not on medication, nonsmoker
References available upon request